Since Jaxson will be 15 months old next week I decided it was time to write a blog post about the first year of motherhood.
January 4th, 2016 at 4:27 AM I received the greatest 2nd anniversary gift in the whole wide world, Jaxson Edward Nemiccolo! The first year of motherhood has been one of the most rewarding years of my life. I never thought I would be able to love someone with such an unconditional love like I do with Jaxson. That isn’t to say that motherhood was all unicorns and rainbows, but it was worth it. Here are a few things I have learned over the past year of motherhood.
· Take advantage of all the snuggles you can get, because they grow up so quick and soon will be running around all over the place.
· Never pass up an opportunity to have a moment to yourself. When someone offers to come over and watch the baby so you can take a shower…DO IT!
· It’s okay to ask for help! It doesn’t mean you are weak or a bad mom, it just means you need help. Becoming a mother can be overwhelming and people want to help, let them.
· Don’t forget to spend time with your spouse. It is really easy to get so caught up with the baby, but remember your spouse needs time with you too.
· Don’t just take photos but BE IN PHOTOS! This is such an important one for me. I am the first one to pick up my camera to capture a moment, but often find myself not in any photos. That is why I went out of my way to book a newborn and family session. Those are the photos that plaster my walls and I love seeing them everyday.
· Get connected. Find a moms group and get together a couple times a month. It is so helpful having people who are going through the same things as you and people to bounce ideas off of.
· Coffee may possibly become your new lifeline…I know that is how I am surviving.
The ups and downs that come with motherhood are all worth it when your child walks up to you and says, “Mama” then gives you a big hug. It is in that moment that you know it was all worth it. The sleepless nights, endless amounts of dirty diapers, the fact that your house constantly looks like a tornado ran through it, but it was all worth it. It is all worth it. The joys of motherhood out weigh the struggles by far. You can't have a blog post without some photos, so here are some photos of Jaxson's cake smash we did this January.
Dream Big Photography is a New Hampshire based photographer who specializes in families, children, maternity, senior portraits, and weddings.